Wondering what to expect? We broke down the process step-by-step for you.
Our Initial Phone Call
Upon calling our office for the first time, you will most likely speak with our treatment coordinator, Mindi. She’s super sweet and will be happy to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about the orthodontic process and tell you a bit about our office. She’ll also need to collect some basic information for both the patient and the responsible party to get you setup on our system. Rest assured that all your information is safe with us.
Your Initial Exam
Dr. Cope is an world renowned authority in dental and facial aesthetics and occlusal function. As a specialist in Orthodontics, he will perform an extensive exam to carefully evaluate:
- Facial dimensions and proportions
- Jaw position and interrelationships (temporomandibular joint examination)
- Tooth position, shape, and alignment
- Gum status (health, levels, and thickness)
- Occlusion (bite) and occlusal function
After the exam, he will spend time talking with you to determine your needs and concerns and give you tentative treatment options based on his expert opinion; including the likely appliances that would be used, an estimate of the treatment fee and the approximate treatment duration. If you are ready for treatment, an appointment will be scheduled to acquire diagnostic records. Sometimes we can do it all on the same appointment depending on our schedule. If you know in advance that you are ready to get started, let us know so we can combine both appointments (initial exam and diagnostic records) into one.
- Intraoral Photographs – Used to evaluate the color, shape, and size of your teeth and gum tissue. This information helps us in determining how to position the teeth so that your dental esthetics and function are as ideal as possible.
- Extraoral Photos – Used to look at facial balance and symmetry. This information allows us to evaluate the overall height and width of different components of your face and to position your teeth in a way that will enhance your facial aesthetics.
- Cone Beam Computed Tomographic Xray (CBCT) – While most orthodontists use regular x-rays, we use a cutting edge three-dimensional x-ray that allows accurate visualization and measurement of the teeth, jaws, temporomandibular joints (TMJ) and facial proportions. These measurements allow us to establish facial growth patterns, how the upper and lower teeth are positioned relative to each other, the face, and the jaws. We can also establish how the jaws relate to the face and to each other.
- Full Mouth 3D Scan – 3D Scanners are the latest technology in orthodontics and only a minority of orthodontists worldwide have this available in their offices. It substitutes the need for gaggy and uncomfortable teeth impressions and allows us to look at how the teeth fit together when the jaw joints fit correctly in the sockets, giving us a better perspective on exactly how the teeth fit together in the mouth, as well as how they function during functional movements in all directions.
Your braces will be put on during this appointment! Depending if you are doing clear braces, Invisalign, Invisalign light or teen, or Hidden Lingual braces, the procedures will be slightly different. Dr. Cope uses cutting-edge digital technology that only few orthodontists use to aid in the bonding of the braces to your teeth, called indirect bonding. The indirect bonding method reduces chair time, patient discomfort and braces breakage significantly, making your orthodontic treatment faster, more precise and much more comfortable.
Your Beautiful Smile is an Investment that will Last Forever!
Our mission here at Cope Orthodontics is to provide world-class Highland Park Orthodontics in Dallas and The Park Cities, TX.
Our treatment fees vary depending on the complexity of your orthodontic case. Once Dr. Cope meets with you and you both determine a treatment plan that best suits your case, we’ll work hard to make sure your family can receive outstanding treatment quality for a reasonable fee. We also offer in-house flexible financing throughout the course of treatment to make orthodontics fit your budget.
If your insurance covers any portion of your orthodontic treatment, as a courtesy to our patients, we help you fill out and submit your insurance claims and paperwork. We do not accept assignment of insurance benefits, which means you will get reimbursed directly from your insurance company.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns! We never want financials to be an obstacle in obtaining your beautiful smile.